Baked daily in the kitchen at The Club Hotel at Goffs and enjoyed by all, bake this Guinness Brown Bread at home and get a sense of the warm welcome and true taste of our country’s cooking.
- Bread Flour 162.5grams/ 1¼ cup
- Oats 37.5grams/ ¼ cup
- Whole Wheat Flour 125 grams/ ¾ cup
- Brown Sugar 12.5 grams/ ¾ tbsp
- Baking Soda 1 tbsp
- Butter 25 grams/ 1¾ tbsp
- Buttermilk 250 Grams/ 1 cup 1 tbsp
- Molasses 12.5 grams/ ¾ tbsp
- Guinness 25g/ 1⅔ tbsp
- Pinch of salt
- Mix all dry ingredients together and leave in a large bowl.
- In a small pot over low heat, melt butter and molasses.
- Mix the Guinness, buttermilk, butter and Molasses into a dry mix.
- Bake in a lined bread tin at 360F for 45 minutes.
- Poke the middle of the bread to check for a clean stick, once no
bread mix is on the stick take it out of the oven and tip it out of the bread tin.
Experience our Guinness Brown Bread yourself and book a table at The Club Hotel at Goffs Book Now. Why not book a stay and dine experience while you’re at it?
Give it a try at home and let us know how it turns out by tagging us on Instagram @theclubatgoffs. Let’s see if you can make a better one.
Enjoy from the team at The Club Hotel at Goffs!
See you soon.